If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Krebaum Skunk Odor Removal Formula
- 1 quart fresh 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1-2 tsp of liquid dishwashing detergent
- For large dogs, add one quart of tepid water to ensure complete coverage.
- Mix the above ingredients together.
- Bathe the animal outdoors. Apply the formula to the pet, working deeply into the fur, and allow to set for five minutes.
- After five minutes, rinse with copious amounts of water.
- Repeat if necessary.
- The mixture must be used promptly and will not work if stored for any length of time.
- Do not store in a closed container. The container could break as the peroxide releases oxygen.
- The pet's fur (as well as clothing, towels, and carpeting) may be bleached by the formula.
*Source: "Krebaum skunk odor removal formula". Veterinary Medicine. April 2013: 176. Print.
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
- Make An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.