- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Krebaum Skunk Odor Removal Formula
- 1 quart fresh 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1-2 tsp of liquid dishwashing detergent
- For large dogs, add one quart of tepid water to ensure complete coverage.
- Mix the above ingredients together.
- Bathe the animal outdoors. Apply the formula to the pet, working deeply into the fur, and allow to set for five minutes.
- After five minutes, rinse with copious amounts of water.
- Repeat if necessary.
- The mixture must be used promptly and will not work if stored for any length of time.
- Do not store in a closed container. The container could break as the peroxide releases oxygen.
- The pet's fur (as well as clothing, towels, and carpeting) may be bleached by the formula.
*Source: "Krebaum skunk odor removal formula". Veterinary Medicine. April 2013: 176. Print.